August 28, 2007

Infatuation...

- If your teeth are stained… use WHITE EASY, a product that will remove the ugly stains you hate so much - I could hear the TV rumbling in the distance, thousands of methods for losing weight and cleaning teeth, creams that removed skin imperfections at once… or that ad on depilation without pain… an entire art of the "advertisement."

I could not stop thinking about that cult to the beauty that corrupted the society, an empty society. At some point I wanted to invoke the soul of the great Quevedo, longing for comforting, I wished to bring him back to life or, at least, to obtain a portion of his crudeness and his pungent satire.

My imagination was wild that night. It jumped from dream to dream as a deer looking for grass to eat. Even my famous "technique" of studying with the TV on failed because of my edginess.

My desire for a change had wakened up at the sound of your voice. And it brought with it a thirst for money…. Money was what I needed in that moment. I needed to buy all those things advertised in television and by using; them get to live up to your expectations! But my conscience was already killing me because I was compromising my fundamental beliefs.

It had not been hard to leave behind those ideas with the only hope to get the desired change and win your attention. So, I went to that famous spa, attracted by the promise of a painless change. I was immediately surrounded by all those women dressed with neat doctor robes, pointing at me and already making plans for the many changes I needed.

- Miss, we must begin with a deep facial treatment in order to recover your face original texture and we can complement that with a relaxing massage. Let's see… then, a complete depilation is needed. After that, we can start working with your hair. You need a complete treatment for it. Oh, and don't forget you must get a manicure and pedicure -

What I was doing there, I, a woman who despised the tortures of beauty parlors? It was a very persuasive situation. I didn't object to anything. I consented to each one of those tortures. And for four hours I was massaged, squeezed, tormented and robbed, at least it felt like I was being robbed. It was not a problem, since "daddy's card" paid for everything; well, my dad was more than thrilled when I asked him to pay for that spa-day. He thought that I already changed and that his feminist daughter just recovered her senses. .

I left that place, transformed, squeeze, wrinkled and in pain. Now I could go to you with my head up! My make-up covered the minimum imperfection, even the acne marks. The next step was to renovate my wardrobe… I even imagined myself in one of those TV shows about image makeover. Suddenly, I woke up and realized that it was just a dream and I thank God for that!

No comments: