August 28, 2007

I'm back...

Many simple details pass by unnoticed. Those are small things that, in certain way, we should know or be aware of. Moreover, many times we don't appreciate them in their fair dimension until their absence announces it to us with drums. To say it in a simpler way: "you don't know what you have until you lose it."

Although my short trip was not for pleasure, I did consider it as an opportunity to experience new things and to relax away of the routine. As my good friend Goathemala reminded me, the pencil and the camera were the first things that I tossed in the suitcase.

The night before leaving I thought of download some pictures that I had taken in the previous days, however I decided not to make it since I was very tired. This way, the pictures of the later days mixed with those that I already had. One night, I decided to get through the pictures and erase some. I can't describe how shocked I was the next day when the memory card was totally empty. All my pictures disappeared in an instant without I noticed it; a mistake in pressing the wrong button and all those beautiful images vanished.

In that instant, in spite of the sadness that I felt, I realized the fragility of the things and of life, and I began to think and to wonder if in fact I had enjoyed each moment that those pictures captured fully.

As you probably already noticed, since I began with this photography thing, I leaned more toward the nature and some "abstract" pictures. I wondered then if I had stopped to contemplate and "to savor" the beauty of this or that flower, or that tree and its particularities.

The answer to those questions was a firm NO.

We sometimes get lost in the general vision, we leave aside the small but important details, details that remind us how beautiful it is life, and I made myself the promise of making my best effort to live fully each moment.

So, friends, I didn't bring with me many pictures but I did bring new strength and a new vision to continue my road

No comments: