November 7, 2006

Enlightening anecdote

Browsing through this novel world of blogs… (novel for me) I found this funny and enlightening anecdote... ;)


¡Be careful with your desires!, it could become true


A man was complaining:- “Dear God, hear me, look how much I work, and look how happy is my wife staying home. I would do anything for one miracle: to trade places with my wife. In that way, that lazy woman will learn what’s like a man’s life.”God, in His infinite mercy, ¡ZAZ!, grants the man his miracle.


In the morning of the first day, the walking miracle hurries himself to wake up the children, prepares breakfast for everyone, does laundry, starts working in the lunch and takes the children to school..


In his way home, he stops in a gas station, goes to the bank, pays some bills, gets some clothes from the dry cleaner’s, goes to the supermarket and, almost without noticing, it’s almost one o’clock!


Back home, he continued the laundry, cleaned the house, prepared lunch, hurried himself to school to pick the children up, yelled to the kids, feed them, washed the dishes, finished laundry, supervised the kids homework, ironed for a while and watched TV for a few moments …
Then, he hurried again to the kitchen to prepare dinner while yelling at the kids again to take a shower.


At 9pm he was drained and exhausted and just wanted to go to bed and sleep soundly, but one more duty awaited for him in the bed …¡Wife’s duty! Which he fulfilled as best as he could…

- Next day, he claimed to God again:“¡Lord! ¡What I was thinking when I prayed so hard for that miracle! I beg you to return me to my body, please!”

He then heard the loving answer of God:
- Of course, my son, we will just have to wait nine months because last night you got pregnant.

seen here

I translated the anecdote from Spanish to English - Traduje la historia del español al inglés

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And that poor man thought he had already had a miserable day as a woman . . . HAHAHAHAHA

HUGS! Nancy